While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

This Close - Steffany Gretzinger

You're not struggling to hear me, so I'm not striving to be heard.  I am sure the One who made me, is catching every word. 

I would fight for your attention, but Your eyes are fixed on me.  I would reach for Your affection, but You've already given it to me.

It's so easy to think of God as far off, uninterested, busy with bigger things.  His presence, His nearness, is the joy of an omnipresent God.  And if that's all He was that would be enough.  But He wasn't content with that.  God put on flesh/humanity and came to Earth - to be with us, to be one of us, to know us.   Jesus was tempted in all ways.  Jesus knows.  Jesus knows us.  But even that wasn't close enough for God.  Jesus said “Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you."  ([[John 16:7]])  God wasn't content to sit in Heaven and watch us.  He wasn't even content to become human and walk with us.  He made a way to live in us through Holy Spirit.

He loves us that much.  We have His attention.  We have His affection.  God is love.  Oh that I would learn to receive it moment by moment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment