While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Remember - UpperRoom

This is our Savior, look at Him, look at Him.  Our Christ Redeemer, look at Him, look at Him.

Oh just to know You in Your suffering.  Just to get closer than I've ever been. 

We're heading into Easter season.  This song is stunningly powerful for this season.  There's another song titled Remember by Steffany Gretzinger coming up.  Her album came out about a year ago.  They've all helped me go a little deeper into communion, it's more than a ritual we sometimes do at church.  

To know Jesus in His suffering.  Man, I'm not there yet.

The other day I heard a line is worship that was kind of a throw away line, it was about how beautiful Jesus' scars are.  I realized I had never thought about His resurrected body having scars.  It struck me as counterintuitive, why would a resurrected body still have scars instead of being made "perfect"?  How important must those scars be?  In some way we're all Thomas - needing to see and feel those scars to believe.

Hebrews 2:9-11  But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.  For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.  For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren

Fun side note - I was at this service.  I've been going to UpperRoom for well over a year, but sporadically.  This was one of those times I believe God was blessing me with a surprise.  I wasn't really paying any attention to worship starting, and then I heard Dante's voice and thought Hey, I know that voice!  So cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment