While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Monday, March 1, 2021

Ever Be - Kalley Heiligenthal

Now you're making me like You, clothing me in white, bringing beauty from ashes, for You will have Your bride - free of all her guilt and rid of all her shame, and known by her true name.  And that's why I sing. 

It's such a lovely song to listen to, easy to listen to, and then the lyrics -when you catch them - are so powerful.

Your praise will ever by on my lips.  Oh if that were true.  Imagine all the things I wouldn't say if that were true.  There wouldn't be room for anything that wasn't of love.  Almost nothing in scripture haunts me as much as how He will hold us responsible for everything we say.  I've joked that if I took a vow of silence now, and then lived to over 100, I probably still wouldn't make up for all the ungodly things I've said.  If God is Love - then anything not said in love is ungodly.  It's a standard hard to even think of.  




No comments:

Post a Comment