While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Remember - Steffany Gretzinger

Jesus the Lamb of God, oh what a Savior.  You took the altar and made it a table. 

The insight in that one line is awesome to me.  The Old Testament was all about the law and the blood sacrifice on the altar.  The New Testament is all about a table of communion where we come together with the ultimate and final sacrifice - Jesus the Lamb of God.  Jesus changed everything.  His sacrifice on the cross was sufficient.  There is nothing we can add to it.  His blood is enough.  (Pretty sure that's in an upcoming song.)  All we can do in return is offer our lives as a living sacrifice, because He is worthy.

Don't let me stay the same.  Only Your love can change me.

This.  This is what I've learned.  It's so important.  I know I've written of this on other songs. But this is the line I hear in my head all the time.  Only Your love can change me.  I cannot change myself.  Understanding that really does stop all striving.  All I can do is surrender to His love and let it change me.  That's why time in His presence is the most important thing.  It doesn't matter where that takes place, only that it does.  Obviously for me it's often in times of worship - either in church or my car or wherever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment