While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Thursday, March 25, 2021

You Hold It All Together - Maverick City Music & UpperRoom

God of my present.  God of my future.  You write my story.  You hold it all together.  

Decades ago, I was thinking about the verse that says the universe is upheld by the word of God.  As usual, I thought about the literalness of it.  The universe is upheld...  So I thought about gravity.  Not once in history has gravity stopped.  Not once in history has God's mind wandered and the universe began to fall apart, or gravity fail.  It's a funny yet frightening picture if it did fail.  Ha.  

He holds it all together.  Everything.  The stars in their place.  The planets in their courses.  The seasons.  It all points to Him.  To a good and faithful God.  He put His faithfulness on full display.  And He wrote it in hearts.

Hebrews 1:3  (Jesus) who, being the radiance of His glory and the exact expression of His substance, and upholding all things by the power of His word, through having made the purification of sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high...




No comments:

Post a Comment