While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Prepare the Way - Bethel Music

We're gonna see Heaven on Earth, come Holy Spirit, awaken your church.  

Awaken your church.  I can't seem to find what I want to say about church.  Is it asleep?  Is it distracted?  Is the term becoming meaningless - like the institution it represents.  Lately, I'm seeing ekklesia used to refer to the body of Christ more.

Jesus used the term ekklesia to refer to His followers.  At the time the ekklesia of ancient Greece was the popular assembly, open to all male citizens as soon as they qualified for citizenship.  It was a secular term, a political term, that had nothing to do with religion. It had to do with being a citizen and all that entailed.  I'm sure there were religious terms He could have used, but didn't.  It was all part of Him getting us to see the Kingdom of God and how it operates. 




No comments:

Post a Comment