While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus - Steffany Gretzinger

No one ever cared for me like Jesus.  His faithful hand has held me all this way.  

Some of these songs are fun, some build my faith, some are encouraging.  Then ones like this are almost purely aspirational.  It's so easy and tempting to be jealous of people farther along on their journey with Jesus.  I really fight that and choose to be inspired.  He doesn't play favorites.  Nothing can make Him love me more than He does now and has forever.  The journey now is me learning to love Him more as I see Him more clearly.  

Cared for me - Jesus cares for me.  Like the best of parents, or friends, or even lovers.  He cares for me.  He takes care of me.  That's not in some spiritual, maybe one day in Heaven, or some intangible way.  He surprises me with good things.  He encourages me.  I pray for eyes to see and ears to hear more of His caring.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment