While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Story I'll Tell - Maverick City Music

Singing, oh my God did not fail.  Oh, it's the story I'll tell.

Believing gets hard when options are few.  When I can't see what You're doing, I know that You're proving You're the God who comes through.

I love how raw this song is.  There are many hard days, weeks, years in my life.  There's nothing fun in uncertainty, loneliness, failing in the same way over and over.  I'm trying to learn how to get my eyes - my thoughts - off of myself and onto Jesus.  But when I can't quite do that, I'm trying to learn to pour it all out to Him.  All my sadness.  All my anger.  All my frustration.  The silent screams in my head when I'm beyond words.  He's big enough.  His infinite love and kindness can absorb it all.  Recently I've had a glimpse, a taste, of what His joy feels like.  And like everything from Him, that one taste has made me hungry to do whatever it takes to have more.  




No comments:

Post a Comment