While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Friday, March 19, 2021

My Heart Your Home - Maverick City Music

 Make my heart Your home.  All that's mine is yours. 

Come on in, take a seat, I made room for You and Me.  Never leave.  Oh Jesus, stay with me. 

I wasn't going to add any new songs to the playlist until I finished the ones already on it.  So I started a new playlist a few weeks ago.  There's just such an abundance of good worship these days.  Temple is a fantastic follow up to this song.  I'll post it tomorrow.

Both songs are about Jesus making us His home, His temple.  I think it's one of those truths that is hard to wrap our heads around.  It's one thing to think, ok Jesus is always WITH me.  It's another to be more aware that the Holy Spirit always dwells IN me.  Jesus, King of Kings, creator of the universe, Lion of Judah, Prince of Peace, He is with me always.  I can hang out with Him, talk with Him, anytime, all the time.  He's my shepherd who guides me, who kills the wolves coming for me.   

I love come on in take a seat, I made room for You and me.  Oh to see this Christian life as this simple.  To spend time, all the time, with my friend Jesus.  No one more full of love and grace and patience for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment