While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Heaven's Secrets - Maverick City Music

You don't let a tear fall.  You collect them all.  And You don't waste our suffering.  You're with us in the rain.

As if Your love wasn't enough, You promised us all of heaven's secrets.  There's nothing You keep from us. 

Another beautiful song.  I've said that if God collects our tears, I have a lake somewhere.  All kinds of tears, sadness, anger, frustration, and yet some of joy and hope.  More than that, this idea that He doesn't waste anything - our hard times, our failures, our suffering - He turns them all to good, He uses it all for His purposes.  It's such a mental battle to believe that on hard days.  Part of the battle is knowing that His kingdom is the real reality, the eternal reality.  This life is a reflection of it at best.  It's enemy territory at worst.  But it's all fading and impermanent.  When I feel alone, I have to know Jesus really is with me.  When I am impatient, I have to know He is my source of patience, I don't have to rely on my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment