While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Thank You - Maverick City Music

If time were to stop, I could never tell it all, words are few, this will have to do.  I just want to thank You.  

I was tempted to write this is a more fun, less serious song.  But few things are more serious than thankfulness.  We enter His presence with praise and thanksgiving.

How do I say I generally do grateful well without sounding boastful?  Shrug.  Laugh.  But I do.  I am always saying thank You to God throughout the day (ok most days) for all the little things.  Then there's all He's done for me - I don't even know where to start without sounding cliche.  I drive Noah to school in the mornings and I try to get in a little prayer with him that's simply thanking Jesus for the weather, for the day, for being with us, for loving us.  And honestly, simple is great.  How different would my outlook be if I spent a week only thanking God and not saying anything else to Him?  What if I thanked Him for the frustrating things?  For the inconveniences?  For all of it?  I better stop typing.  HA!  




No comments:

Post a Comment