While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

You Are My Champion - Dante Bowe

 I am who You say I am.  

Now I can finally see it.  You're teaching me how to receive it.

We are not victims, but we walk in victory.

This is another one that really caught my attention.  I'm not sure when, but I also heard "Jesus is undefeated" around this time.  I had never thought of that.  And it took me a little time to think about that and then realize it's true.  It's too easy to look at the world - current and past - and feel like Jesus is losing the battles if not the war.  Maybe it's back to that we're in time and everything eternal is outside of time.  The cross - the shedding of His blood, Jesus taking the keys to sin and death, these are events that occured in time, but forever remain outside of time.  They are all past, present, and future.  We know how the story ends.  We are to be overcomers, because He has already overcome everything.  

Then there's the concept of us being seated in heavenly places with Jesus.  Still working on understanding this.  

    Ephesians 2:4-7 4) But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5) even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6) and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7) that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

More recently, I had this thought that Jesus invites us to join Him in these battles (whatever they may be for us individually and corporately) so that His bride can enjoy His victory with Him.  How much sweeter is something done together with ones that we love? 




No comments:

Post a Comment