While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Monday, February 22, 2021

How Great A King - Paul and Hannah McClure

I think that in America it's very hard for us as Christians to really understand and embrace the idea of Jesus as King.  He is a King with a Kingdom.  We're all His subjects, except as Christians He has made us co-heirs, brothers and sisters.  We can be close friends with the King of the universe.  But also that He gave up His throne to come to Earth as a man and died to reconcile us back to God the Father.  There is none like Him.  And after defeating sin and death and hell, He ascended back to His eternal throne where He now intercedes for us.  I think we water it all down because we have fairy tales that inform our perception of kings and kingdoms and not history. 




No comments:

Post a Comment