While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Always Good - The McClures

This will be my song, that You are always good.  

What is it about God being only and always good that is hard for Christians to believe.  Maybe Western Christians.  Maybe Christians who have been Christians a long time.  God's goodness is tough to see sometimes in the light of life and circumstances and all the things - sin, the fallen world, others.

I have a constant list in my head of all the things I'm still waiting to see God's goodness in.  I spend way too much time looking at those things, questioning the reason for them and the delay.  I don't know how many times in the past two or three years God has reminded me of "I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help?  My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2  It is hard to live in a place of faith all the time.  The yet and not yet.  God has to be the constant.  His character is unchanging.  

There's a phrase in the old old books I've read and mentioned - throw your faith on God's side.  When in doubt - trust God and who He is.  




No comments:

Post a Comment