While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Pieces - Amanda Cook

 "You're giving us new memories.  You're giving us Your memory.  It's not just perspective, it's innocence restored.  You're rewriting our story, our story with your love."

Wow.  Before the song even starts.  I don't know how much time I've spent thinking about this whole concept.  God redeems everything.  How can I begin to know what that looks like?  I mean, at 52 that's a LOT of redeeming.  Things remembered and things forgotten.  Things done by me, to me, for me.  But Jesus is our Redeemer.  God is the author and finisher of our faith.  He writes our story.  And as the ultimate author, He's able to write enough drafts for it all to work together for good, work together for His glory.  An author with perfect love writing a love story for every part of His creation, for every person.  I don't know what all it means.  I don't know what all it looks like.  But I know He can, and I pray He does.

Oh.  Then the song.  Unreserved, unrestrained, Your love is wild for me.  It isn't shy.  It's unashamed.  Your love is proud to be seen with me.  What?  Even now that's a tough idea.

You don't give your heart in pieces.  You don't hide Yourself to tease us.

Uncontrolled.  Uncontained.  Your love is a fire, it's burning bright for me.  It's not a spark, it's not just a flame, your love is a light and all the world will see.

Your love's not passive, it's never disengaged.  It's always present, it hangs on every word we say.

Oh what a love.  And all we have to do is receive it.

There's nothing we as humans long for more than to be loved.  And the God of the universe, who created us to be with Him, to be loved by Him, pours a perfect love on us constantly.  Oh that we would know that love.

You're not far away.  You're here to stay.  You're Emmanuel.  You don't come and go.  You're here to stay.  Moment to moment.  Minute to minute.  You're not just in the Glory, You meet us on the ground.  You're not just in the sky.  You meet us on the ground.

This is what it is to be children.




No comments:

Post a Comment