While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Thursday, February 25, 2021

For Your Glory - Kalley Heiligenthal

All is for Your Glory, and all is for Your name.

This song challenges me in so many ways.  Sadly, everything being for the glory of Jesus just wasn't a concept I was really familiar with.  It's foundational and yet deep.  Sitting here I don't even know what to say about it.  All of creation exists to glorify Jesus. And we, specifically created in the image of God, more so than anything else.  So how do I make this real every day?  I'm finding the answer in phrases like absolute surrender, abide in me, I am the vine and you are the branches, it is not I who live...

To treasure You above all others.  To love You like we love no other.  Wow.

There's only one true King and He's worthy of it all.  All.  All of my love and affection and attention.  Needless to say I'm not there yet.  But this is why I'm so grateful for songs like this.  They don't replace scripture, or teaching, or anything.  But they help me understand those things in new ways.  And then to sing this - and to even want to mean it - God hears it every time.  And Holy Spirit takes note and helps me to get there.  Whatever that looks like. 

Catch me up in Your story, all my life for Your glory.  My God, My Joy, My Delight.  Again, He has me singing things that I want to be true and know they're not yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment