While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

History - Alton Eugene

 I'm never gonna let you go.  I never have and I never will.

I don't listen to this song as much as some of the others.  When I first heard it, WOW.  It brings to life all the scriptures about God forming us and knowing us in our mother's womb. About knowing the number of hairs on our head.  About having a purpose and a destiny for each and every one of us.  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11

As a society and culture, we've moved away from God and family.  That makes us as individuals feel very disconnected, consciously or not.  If you don't have intact families you don't have history, family lines, family stories.  Then on an even bigger level, without God, we lose the thread of human history.  We lose that we're all part of a bigger human race with a common story - past and future. 

It's just a beautiful look at God's heart for each of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment