While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Refiner - Maverick City Music

When I first heard this one I laughed.  I love how God gives us songs to sing that are way more aspirational than reality.  I mean, asking for His refining fire?  Really?  Honestly I was hesitant.  Then He just draws me in as it keeps coming up in my playlist.  And I find myself singing along.

I want to be tried by fire, purified.  You take whatever You desire. Lord here's my life.  Seriously - who volunteers for this?

Romans 12:1-2  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

If Your Glory wants to come here, let it fall, we want it all.  If this is what we get in return...  then yes.

There is no analogy sufficient to explain the exchange - we give God us and we get Him.  It goes beyond Him being strong in our weakness.  It's an exchange of our sinful broken selves for His Holiness. 

Revelation 14:1  His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire.

He has eyes like a flame of fire from the fire within Him.  Oh that our eyes would be the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment