While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Monday, February 1, 2021

Tremble - Amanda Cook/Bethel

 Jesus, Jesus you make the darkness tremble.

Your name cannot be overcome.

I don't remember exactly the first time I heard this, but it wasn't like anything else I'd heard.  It helped shift how I see Jesus.  I still have so much to learn about the power and authority in just His name.  "He silenced the voice of the liar on the cross."  He defeated death and sin.  I know I grasp about 1% of what all that means.  But oh how I love the image of darkness trembling at His name.  When I say His name.  

I was in my early 20s when I first had this image:  it's Jesus standing ready for battle with a sword in His hand.  And I am a little girl standing under Him, coming up to his knee maybe.  And I knew that He was not just protecting me, but fighting for me.  It's stayed with me all these years, so clear.  

What is there to fear with so great a Savior?  He's already done it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment