While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Friday, February 12, 2021

How He Loves - Andrew Griggs

He is jealous for me.  Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree.

When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory.  I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me.

If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.

I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way...

This might be the most calming and healing song for my soul.  I love the piano and the strings.  I love the lyrics.  The images.

How many ways are there to say the same thing - how much God loves us?  It has to be as infinite as His love.  It's the answer to everything.

As I've been reading through the New Testament is the Chronological Bible I'm drawn time and time again to the phrase - "He had compassion and He healed them all."  That's Jesus.  In His compassion, His love, He heals us all.  And living in His people - He wants us to do the same through us, to have compassion and heal them all.  Broken hearts and souls, broken lives.  Oh that we would drown in His love and grace and then pour it out in others until they drown too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment