While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

God of Revival - Bethel Music

The first time I heard this one was live in the summer of 2019.  It made a big impression.  Then I couldn't find it on you tube or anything for several months.  Haven't done it live many times since then, but it always makes something rise  up in me.

Come awaken Your people, come awaken this city, Oh God of Revival, pour it out.  Every stronghold will crumble, I hear the chains hit the ground.  Oh God of Revival, pour it out.  

That's the heart cry of many.  And yet so many are not awake.  It's like Elijah and his servant looking for the cloud.  The seventh time there was a cloud as small as a man's hand.  Then the rains came!  I don't know what time we're in.  But I know we're close to seeing that small cloud - and then the outpouring.

It's hard sometimes, I've been hearing the cloud was close for about thirty years.  And I know it's been seen in some measure in some places during that time.  But I'm so ready for what's coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment