While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Revelation Song - Brian and Jenn Johnson

When I was in middle school I used to read Revelation and think how super cool it would be to be alive during the "end times".  As it looks like we're getting closer to those times I might not be as excited - ha.  

But I love this song and how it uses the description of Jesus in Revelation.

A few months ago Upper Room had a series of sermons on Revelation and I learned some new things.  This was part of it:

There are 90 descriptions of Jesus in the entire book of Revelation.  There are 24 distinct descriptions in Revelation 1, 18 descriptions in Revelation 2-3, totaling 42. Since 12 are repeated there are 30 unique descriptions of Jesus in these first three chapters of Revelation. 

I won't list them all here, but it's something cool to look into. 

Christians love the Jesus of Christmas and Easter - the baby and the newly resurrected Christ.  We might not be as comfortable with the Jesus of Revelation, but that's who He is now, full of wonder and power and glory.  




No comments:

Post a Comment