While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Still - Amanda Cook

You know everything, yet You listen.  

If You are with me, what can overwhelm me?

I'm working on friendship with Jesus, which will come up more later.  But I do find it hard sometimes to just talk to Him about all the little things in daily life, or even the really big overwhelming things - because there's this sense that He already knows.  And it's not that I think I'm boring Him, like a human friend would be bored.  It just seems weird to tell someone something they already know.  

As I'm writing this the whole parent/child dynamic comes to mind.  I do find that I can be impatient with Noah when he's going on and on about something (Roblox) for the 100th time.  But God has infinite patience, and a pure Love that is always interested in what we say - which will also come up again later. 




No comments:

Post a Comment