While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

So Will I - Amanda Cook

This is the super extended version. 

Our God creates things out of nothing with just His voice.  Everything in creation is an extension of who He is.  Jesus calmed the seas and storm with just words. 

In a book I read decades ago, Divine Romance, it tells the idea that our infinite God portioned off a part of Himself to be our universe - so that literally everything that exists is IN Him.  It's an image I've carried. 

I love weather and nature.  I've wondered why the sky is blue, water is blue, grass is green, dirt is brown, trees are green and brown - what is it about blue, green, and brown that they make up the majority of color we see?  And then the glory of the flowers and birds and fish with all their many colors. 

In the mornings on the way to school, Noah and I often talk about the weather and the sunrise and no matter the weather I say what a beautiful day it is - sunshine or clouds, blue skies or gray.  The other day we could see the moon and the sunrise.  We talked about the earth's rotation is a day, the earth's orbit around the sun is year, the moon around the earth is a month.  How it's all perfectly timed.  And how God created it all perfectly.  I hope he has the same sense of awe that I do.  

One day when subbing, I was in a class where they were studying waves - light waves, sounds waves.  It struck me how stunning it is that God created this universe for us - and then He created us out of the dust of the Earth so that we would be connected to it, so that it would "work" for us.  That our bodies perceive and use those waves.  Our eyes are created to work perfectly with light waves.  Our ears with sound waves.

I know the creation story takes place over seven days, not looking to get into that.  How long did God take to imagine and dream up our universe?  Every little detail.  What an artist, engineer, physicist - I don't even know what all.  When we create things we put such love and effort and thinking and care into our projects.  How much more God...

Oh what love He shows us in His creation.  So yes, the only appropriate response is So Will I. 




No comments:

Post a Comment