While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Stand In Your Love - Josh Baldwin

My fear doesn't stand a chance when I stand in Your love.  

I am standing on the Rock, my firm foundation.

I think this is the first song where we get to fear.  For a long time I didn't think I dealt much with fear.  Eventually I realized I sometimes fear the future and I fear my own heart. 

The fear of the future would be hard to explain.  It's a very specific personal fear, not a general fear of what the future holds for humanity or the world or America or anything.  On those things I remain absolutely optimistic.

My fear of my own heart might also be a little weird.  In our journey with Jesus He is so kind to reveal our own hearts to us over time.  The downside of that is I know there will always be hidden things in my heart that will need to be dealt with at some point.  But as I'm on this walk with Him, and He does reveal the dark parts of my heart, I learn that He is so gentle and faithful and has infinite grace and His own blood to heal those areas.  Past experience helps me not fear the future.  And I completely fearless in this?  No.  There are many long hours in the dead of night with too many thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment