While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Nothing Else - Cody Carnes

It seems appropriate in this worship playlist to have a song about getting worship wrong.  While this might seem more for those who lead worship, at whatever level, it can be for any of us.  I know it's so easy to be distracted during worship - I am definitely easily distracted, especially at church with people coming in and out or moving around or talking.  But even alone at home or in the car it takes effort to focus.  My mind wanders around worse than a toddler at a playground. 

More than anything that You can do, I just want You.  Like in my prayers, in worship it's easy to let the focus be on me, my mood, my needs, my thoughts.  Even the songs about how much He loves us can lead me to think about me and not Him.  There are some songs that are more about who He is, those are awesome and helpful.




No comments:

Post a Comment