While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Abba - The Helsers

You're more real than the ground I'm standing on.

You're closer than the skin on my bones.

Abba, I belong to You.

Oh the great mysteries of the Christian faith.  There are still times I think this is crazy.  How can any of this be true?  Yet it's the truest reality and our world is just a shadow.

Grace is the collision on the way back home to the arms of the Father who won't let go.

It's His faithfulness.  It's His love.  There are so many layers to the story of the prodigal son, always something new to discover.  We identify with the sons, the one who left and came home, or the one who never left.  But it's such a beautiful story of God the Father.  He waited and watched patiently, still full of love for His son.  There was no condemnation when the son came home - only joy and acceptance. 

Oh, if the church would treat the prodigals and lost that way.  

Luke 15:7  “I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. 




No comments:

Post a Comment