While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Thank You, Lord! - Dennis Jernigan

For all that You've done I will thank you.  For all that You're going to do.  For all that You've promised, and all that You are, is all that has carried me through.  Jesus, I thank You.

Thank You for loving and setting me free.  Thank You for giving Your life just for me.  How I thank You.

Another throwback.

I love the simplicity of this song.  It's stayed with me for decades.  It pops into my head at random times and is so sweet.  

I think it's harder to thank Him for things He's going to do.  I pray for them.  I try to have faith for them.  But to thank Him, sincerely, before something happens is a little new.  Recently at church someone said to thank Him and praise Him for something we're praying for - seeing at as if it's already done.  There's nothing in this life I want more than for Noah to know and follow Jesus.  And in that moment I had a picture of him receiving Jesus and us just hugging.  To see what that moment could like look was just so encouraging.  It does build faith.  Also knowing that Jesus wants that more than I do, and that He will work it out.  I can trust Him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment