While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Sunday, April 11, 2021

I Just Want To Move Your Heart - UpperRoom

I just want to move Your heart, it's all I want to do.  I just want to stand in awe and pour my love on You.  No matter how much the cost, I freely give it all to You.  

I just want to move Your heart, get caught within Your gaze.  Right here in Your presence God is where I want to stay.  Oh just to dwell in Your house, waste my hours and my days on You.  

How many verses are there that say Jesus was moved with compassion?  I've been thinking about that.  How Jesus interacted with entire cities, with individuals, with those in the stories we know about Him healing people.  How he called each of the disciples.  But so often it says He was moved with compassion and healed them all.  People move His heart.  The Centurion He says had the greatest faith - he moved Jesus.  So for me it's about moving His heart, but it's also about being moved with compassion for people like He was.  




No comments:

Post a Comment