While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Jireh - Maverick City Music

I'll never be more loved than I am right now.   

I'm already loved, I'm already chosen.  I know who I am.  I know what you've spoken.  

If He dresses the lilies with beauty and splendor, how much more will clothe you?  If he watches over each sparrow, how much more does He love you?

Jehovah-Jireh is the KJV’s translation of YHWH-Yireh and means “The LORD Will Provide” Genesis 22:14. It is the name memorialized by Abraham when God provided the ram to be sacrificed in place of Isaac.

This is just one of several of the names of God in the Old Testament.  But oh what a name. And what a story with Abraham.  Yet that was just a foreshadowing of His ultimate provision of His own Son for our lives.  If He gave His own Son to die for us, what would He not do for us?  He has storehouses in Heaven of all that we need.  He never runs out.  We're children of a good Father who withholds nothing His children need.  We're co-heirs with King Jesus, everything at His disposal is ours.

As a parent it would break my heart if Noah thought there was something I would hold back from him.  If he were afraid to come to me for something he needs I would be crushed.  Imagine an all powerful God who's children didn't trust Him to provide for them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment