While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Getting Ready - UpperRoom

We'll shout till the whole world hears it.  We'll sing till the whole world knows.  King Jesus, He is faithful.  

The end of this story isn't Jesus return, or the tribulation, or all Christians being taken out of this world - and all of that is so far beyond my wisdom.  This story - the story of humanity - of Christianity - is about a wedding.  Jesus receiving His bride.  Spotless and glorious as is He.  I know little of eschatology.  I just know the verses that say no one knows the day of His return.  I know the story of the ten virgins, all of whom fell asleep, but only five had oil in their lamps when it was needed.  Jesus says to be ready.  Not in a get me out of here kind of way.  In a bride who is ready for marriage kind of way.  Maybe that looks like the Church being one - as Jesus and the Father are one, as He prayed we will be.  Maybe it looks like the Church discipling all the nations.  Maybe it looks like every tribe and tongue knowing Jesus.  I don't know.  I know we're not ready.  I'm not ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment