While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Friday, April 16, 2021

If I Could Just Sit With You A While - Dennis Jernigan

When I cannot feel.  When my wounds don't heal.  Lord I humbly kneel, hidden in You.  Lord You are my life, so I don't mind to die, just as long I'm hidden in You.

If I could just sit with You a while.  If You could just hold me, nothing could touch me, though I'm wounded, though I die.  If I could just sit with You a while.  I need you to hold me, moment by moment till forever passes by.  

When I know I've sinned, when I should have been crying out my God and hidden in You.  Lord I need you now, more than I know how, so I humbly bow, hidden in You. 

There have been times innumerable I have been wounded and felt like dying.  And so very often Jesus was faithful to have this song play in my head - if I could just sit with Him.  I'd like to say I always listened to His voice, but I probably didn't.  But I'm learning to.  I'm learning to sit and be with Him.  I'm learning to cast my cares on Him.  I'm learning to let Him heal all the wounds.  And if I never learned anything else, it would be enough.  He alone is enough. 




No comments:

Post a Comment