While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Monday, April 12, 2021

Isaiah Song - Maverick City Music

This is the word of the Lord your Creator, I am the God who stood before the world was framed, I am the First, the Last and everything between.  I hold your future.  Who can know these things but me?  So don't fear.  I will be your song.  

This is the word of the Lord your Creator, I stand from age to age the Ancient of Days.  I am the Holy One the fairest of ten thousand.  And all who call upon my name they shall be saved.  So don't fear.  I will be your song.

Sing, sing o barren land.  Water is coming to the thirsty.  Though you are empty, I am the well, draw from Me, I will provide.

Cuz I'm a river, in the desert.  Pouring my spirit on the broken.  Giving beauty for your ashes.  Joy for your sadness.  Heaven's open. 

I love all the descriptions of God in books like Isaiah and Job.  The Ancient of Days - the steadfastness and wisdom implied there.  The way in the wilderness.  The river in the desert.  He's in all of our circumstances, and even more His presence transforms them.  He doesn't have to take us out of the desert to make it beautiful, He can make a river flow in it.  There are so many deserts in our lives, dry places - family, jobs, health, you name it.  And then He shows up IN it and makes it beautiful.  River of living waters. 




No comments:

Post a Comment