While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Friday, April 9, 2021

Son of Heaven - Brandon Lake

Behold Him.  Lift up your eyes, see the Son of Heaven.

The cross is still the answer.  The blood is still the blood.  

There's been a slight shift in the past few months, maybe year.  The focus is rightly becoming Jesus - spending time in worship seeing Him, gazing upon Him.  This can feel tricky, maybe a little weird.  I mean, it's not like we can see Him with our eyes (yet).  So how do we behold Him?  For me, sometimes, the hardest part is just getting my eyes off myself, off of circumstances, and in corporate worship, stop being distracted.  (I've found just how easily distracted I am.)  I just try to focus on who He is - savior, shepherd, healer, friend, King of Kings, Lion of Judah.  Focus on His characteristics - His love and faithfulness and goodness and patience and kindness.  Focus on the Cross and all He accomplished there, conquering sin and death.  On His resurrection.  On His being seated at the right hand of God.  And on His return as the Bridegroom.   It just gets easier over time - because He is so faithful to meet me in that place of effort, of longing to see Him.  Oh to have eyes to see and ears to hear.  




No comments:

Post a Comment