While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Order of Play

There is an intentional order the songs are in. I'll try not to change it up while writing these posts. The first five I still love, but they aren't as much a part of a "set" that flows. I moved them to the top so that if I start at a song lower in the list and it plays through these won't play.

The majority of versions I chose are live versions. Again, it's because of the conversations between what God is saying and how the people respond.

"You Have My Yes" "My God Is So Big" and "Tremble" are a great little set."Love Is Unafraid", "Confident", "Pieces", "PEACE", "Perfect Peace" and "Still" are a fantastic set.

"This Love", "How He Loves", "Sinking Deep" and "Abba" are another set I play very often.

Those two mini sets are pretty self explanatory.

From there is just an ebb and flow of awesome songs until you get to "Good and Loved" through "This Close". There is shifts moods again.

I've got four modern versions of old hymns. I'm sure there is much written about modern worship and how it's all terrible compared to the old hymns. I love them both. There is a richness to the old hymns, a depth to the lyrics. All of my devotional books were written over 100 years ago. They, too, have a depth to them that is unmatchable. God is unchanging. But, we are privileged all our lives to learn in deeper ways who He is. They sing "Holy Holy Holy" for eternity in Heaven. Here on Earth we sing as we see Him.

The rest of the playlist is songs I've found more recently. By the time I write about them individually I'll be more familiar with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment