While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Land Of The Living - Upper Room

I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living

Psalm 27:13 "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  Psalm 27

When I heard this at church it really made me think.  What will it look like to actually see God's goodness?

Psalm 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;  And I will dwell in the house of the Lord.

God's goodness is as infinite as He is.  There is no end to His goodness.  So how does it show up?  I think it looks like when we're good to one another - to our family, kids, friends.  It's something tangible.  People know when you've been good to them.  I think if we're tuned in, we know when God is good to us, too.  He's the God of the little and big things.  

Psalm 144:11-15 Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners, whose mouth speaks lying words, and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth;
That our daughters may be as pillars, sculptured in palace style;
That our barns may be full, supplying all kinds of produce;
That our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields;
That our oxen may be well laden; 
That there be no breaking in or going out; 
That there be no outcry in our streets.
Happy are the people who are in such a state;
Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment