While these posts are based on thoughts I've pondered over time about these songs, for these posts, I simply put on my headphones, listen to the song and write what comes to mind.

Friday, January 29, 2021

Gold - Bryan and Katie Torwalt

 Find me here in Your presence, I'm not leaving the same.

This is why I pursue worship.  He changes me in it.  In ways I don't even know. In ways I can't explain.  Sometimes it's like He's rearranging my heart and soul.  I can sit still in the middle of worship and just know that He's doing whatever it is that needs done.  Then later - the next day or week or month I'll realize I'm not the same.  That there is more understanding, or more peace, or more patience, or more faith.  

He's the potter and I'm the clay.  I took a ceramics class in college that made that analogy come to life.  Clay is hard to work with.  And there are many different kinds of clay.  And to work on the wheel the first thing that happens is centering the lump of clay on the wheel.  I know He centers me during worship.  Then the vessel can begin to take form.  But if it fails, the process goes back to centering.  When the vessel is formed there are still many steps - moving from the wheel, partial drying, final forming, more drying.  Then the fire.  And if there are any mistakes or any water still in the clay it will explode in the fire.  

He's the potter.  He knows the whole process.  The order, the timing, and He sees what the vessel will look like when it's finally ready for use.  The only job of the clay is to yield itself to the work of the potter.  




No comments:

Post a Comment